Microsoft Dynamics NAV is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solution for Mid-sized
companies whether in the business of Manufacturing, Trading or Services .Additionally it offers
companies complete accounting and financial management capabilities along with other modules like
HRMS for attendance , payroll & the same can be integrated with its finance function . Since it is
populated & designed at global standards so Foreign Companies can also use NAV as a complete ERP
solution to their businesses reason being it is:
Brief about functions : • Financial Management: NAV as an ERP manages its Receivables , Payables , Invoice Payments , Manages Bank Accounts , Managing Inter Company Accounts , Multi Currency Accounting , Employee expenses reimbursements , Allocation of costs & income to Branches or subsidiaries Cash flow Statement , Statement of Profit & Loss , Balance Sheet , Tax Managements like GST Reports , TDS Reports etc. Moreover, it can be specifically used for:
? Stock Management in trading entities
? Raw Material to WIP to Finished Goods management in Manufacturing entities ,
? Loans & NPA Management in Small Banks & Non-Banking Finance Companies • Customer Relationship Management : NAV as an ERP manages CRM via its
? Campaign Management ? Relationship Management
? Contacts Classifications
? Contact Management
? Document Management
? Opportunity Management the more details of which can be accessed at below link https://www.tecman.co.uk/microsoft-dynamics/microsoft-dynamics-nav/customerrelationship-management-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav • Project Management : Navision as a product management tool can be used widely in different industries as depicted in below chart at all three levels i.e.
• Supply Chain Management : This solution gives the control needed over your supply chain by providing customized & detailed view of supply chain activities such as inventory levels , trend reports , forecasts & transportation plans—in real time. NAV 2016 offers following supply chain features : ? Alternative order Addresses in case of more than one location. ? Alternative Ship to Addresses who have more than one address to where orders are shipped ? Alternative vendors in case purchases of same item from different vendors ? Drop Shipment handles order shipments from vendor to customer through automation ? Location transfers, track inventory as it is moved from one location to another & accounts for inventory in transit & multiple locations ? Assembly Management allows for specifications like raw materials , WIP & finished goods • Human Resource Management & Payroll
• Management Info System : Navision is having a feature called “ Analysis by dimensions “ where we can any number of dimensions & can do analysis on same like :
? Branch Wise Profitability reports can be extracted .
? Useful for Segment reporting i.e. requirements of IFRS 8
? Employee wise expenses can be triggered.
? Can be integrated with Microsoft Power BI for MIS reports.
? Vendor Wise purchase reports can be extracted.
? Customer wise sales report can be generated .
? Small Banks & Non-Banking Finance Companies can extract loan account wise data
Microsoft Dynamics Navision: A Multi-Platform Software Solution It’s a multi-platform software & can be used with a contemporary user interface & touch Screen so that we can operate it with a finger , So there is no need to use the web browser version of Dynamics NAV on our Mobile Devices . We can flexibly use it on
• Mobile Phone
Navision Application Availability Application for Mobile & Tablets can be easily dowloaded from :
? Windows Store for Windows users
? Google Play Store for Android users
? App Store for IOS users
Seamless Integration with Data Quality:
• No Modification in data at local level .
• Changes done at central level will be done automatically accross all the levels.
• Increased level of control over data & the ability to manage it .
• A Foreign company or a Multi National Company can efficiently manage its branches at global level. Change friendly organization
• Upgrade & process changes becomes easier as same process , functionalities & processes have used everywhere accross the branches
• Easy to modify NAV if same template is used across all branches , segments & Subsidaries
• With the collaboration and workflow capabilities, the company gains the ability to act faster as an organization. License & Infrastructure optimization • With consolidated ERP system, it is possible to reduce the number of concurrent users per license, if there is one database environment.
• One stable environment for all entities is developed. There is no need to create separate environment for each location at which a consolidated ERP Microsoft Dynamics NAV is implemented.
• Hence , gobal company does not need to pay the same costs of system installation in a subsidiary over and over again.
• The quality of data at the system level is much improved – with master data management, or internal EDI
. • At the level outside the system – with standardized data, processes and settings – users are able to communicate more easily and effectively. All subsidiaries use the same tool. Thus, ERP systems are no longer an obstacle to successful communication. • Employees have identical tools regardless of the department, participate in the same trainings and use the same documentation.
Business Process Standarization
• Easier creation of new subsidiaries or adding newly acquired companies to the organization.
• Reduced risk of errors during implementation in subsidiaries.
• Transparency when comparing the performance of respective subsidiaries – easier management, control, comparisons across subsidiaries
• Transparency of the supply chain –especially the relations between companies within the group.
• Reducing average costs and improving quality – the ability to prepare the process for a greater number of entities.
• Reduced risk of errors during implementation in subsidiaries. Cost Reduction dskfdknfjdn • Economies of scale
• Decreased license and management costs.
• Streamline global supply chain management;
• Avoiding the „reinvent the wheel” effect – the same modifications made by different partners in different locations;
• Reduced support costs – subsidiaries use the same systems so it is easier to support the end users.
• Reduced management costs with more stable and simple IT systems and infrastructure.
• Roll-outs – their average cost goes down as the project of ERP global consolidation progresses.
• More information about cost reduction during global roll-out can be found in the post: