FEM (Establishment in India of a Branch Office or Liaison Office or a Project Office or any other Place of Business) Regulations, 2016
- any establishment described as such by the company. [Schedule 1]
- place of business to act as channel of communication between Head Office and Indian entities. [Schedule 2]
- does not undertake any commercial/ trading/ industrial activity, directly or indirectly.
- place of business in India to represent interests of a foreign company executing a project in India
- excludes a liaison office.
- sub-office of project office established at the site of project
- excludes liaision office
Prior approval of RBI required for each of the above.